- Multi-tasking and attending to detail.
- Listening, thinking, and speaking simultaneously.
- Quickly adapting and reacting under stressful conditions.
- Working in as an essential member of a fast-paced, multidimensional team.
- High School diploma or GED
- US citizen or US resident
- Pass Background Investigation with no felony convictions.
- Pass a polygraph test.
- Pass a medical physical, including a drug screening and vision/hearing evaluation.
- Work nights, weekends and holidays.
- Read, write, understand and speak English proficiently, bilingual a plus.
Starting at $18.56* per hour
* During the Training Phase (approximately 12 weeks), the pay rate is $17.22; then, Trainees are promoted to Dispatcher at a rate of $18.56.
- Shift work (12 hour rotating night and day shifts). 16-week rotation of days or nights.
- During the Training Phase, hours are Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. with one week of 6:30 p.m.-3:30 a.m.
Continuing Education and Career Development
- Educational Assistance of $1500 per fiscal year.
- Continuing Dispatcher Education credits toward certification renewal provided monthly.
- Clear and supportive structure.