Do I qualify?
You must be a legal resident of Orange County and have a gross household income no more than 150% of the Federal
Poverty Income Guidelines.
View Income Guideline Chart
*These Figures are based on the FY 2022 U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) Guideline published in
the Federal Register on January 12, 2022.
You Will Need:
For eligibility, you must submit the following required documents with the energy bill assistance
- Copy of Photo Identification of the applicant
- Copy of Social Security Cards for all household members (Other documents can be presented if card(s) are not
- Current Utility Bill (proof of utility obligation)
- Proof of Income for all household members (proof of income may be but not limited to):
- Copy of pay stubs for last 30 days
- Copies of award letters from Social Security, SSI, SSDI, VA, TANF/Wages, etc.
- Letter or print-out from employer(s)
- W-2 (tax forms)
- Statement of financial support from family, friends or other agencies
- Self-Declaration of income statement (signed) Self Declaration Form
- Certification letter from Section 8/HUD/Orlando Housing Authority showing amounts of monthly Utility Allowance,
Reimbursement or proof of Flat Rent.
(Applicants must pay the monthly utility amount(s) prior to LIHEAP
- Copy of Food Stamps Award Letter (if applicable)
Due to funding limitations, only applicants in imminent danger of disconnection with a past due bill or service
disconnection and have not received LIHEAP services within the past 6 months will be eligible to apply, in
accordance with funding availability. Applicants must meet both standards to receive an application:
1) Electric Bill (electric only) must be past due, or service disconnected
2) Customer has not received LIHEAP services within the past 6 months
How to Apply for Energy Bill Assistance
If you meet the standards to apply, a paper application can be mailed to you by calling the LIHEAP line at
(407)836-7429, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday 8:30am-12pm. Applicants who do not meet the standards will not
receive an application. For questions or additional resources, you may call the LIHEAP line at (407) 836-7429,
Monday - Friday 8:30am-12pm.
Notice: The FASTRACK application portal is temporarily unavailable to accept online applications
for utility assistance.
Water Bill Assistance
Notice: The Low-Income Household Water Assistance Program (LIHWAP) term ended on
September 30, 2023. Due to the program term, Orange county is no longer accepting water applications for water
services. For additional water assistance resources, please call your local 3-1-1.