The International Drive Transit Feasibility and Alternative Technology Assessment (TFATA) will analyze the potential of implementing a premium transit service as an urban circulator operating within the International Drive District (I-Drive District). In addition, the analysis will also evaluate the potential of implementing improvements to Tradeshow Boulevard, to include the provision of additional vehicular travel and transit lanes extending from Destination Parkway to Universal Boulevard.
The study area for a potential premium transit service includes key roadway segments where the existing I-Ride Trolley operates between Sand Lake Road and Orange County’s Destination Parkway Superstop, and continues further south to Sea Harbor Drive. The study area encompasses the Orange County Convention Center (OCCC) and surrounding land uses including hotels, restaurants, entertainment venues and theme parks. The five roadway segments being studied include:
- International Drive (I-Drive) from Sea Harbor Drive to Sand Lake Road,
- Via Mercado from I-Drive to Universal Boulevard,
- Destination Parkway from I-Drive to Tradeshow Boulevard,
- Tradeshow Boulevard from Destination Parkway to Universal Boulevard, and
- Universal Boulevard from Tradeshow Boulevard to Sand Lake Road.