A Boat or an RV may be stored at a residence, subject to complying with code, and obtaining a permit from the Zoning Division.
County requirements for Boat and RV storage are found in Sec. 38-79(45) of Orange County Code, which can be found here.
Boat and RV Storage permits can be issued to either the property owner, or the lessee of the property.
If you are not the owner of the property (but lessee), please provide a written letter of authorization, signed by the property owner(s).
To obtain a permit for Boat or RV storage at your residence, follow these steps:
Step 1: Provide all required documents:
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS for Boat and RV Storage permits
- Complete application for Boat and RV Parking.
Survey or site plan of the property that contains the following:
- a) all existing structures;
- b) written setbacks of Recreational Vehicle (RV) or Boat from nearest property lines; and
- c) proposed location of RV or proposed location of boat, showing the proposed location of where the Boat or RV will be stored on site.
- Photograph of the recreational vehicle or boat, and a copy of the vehicle registration.
- If you are not the owner of the property (but lessee), please provide a written letter of authorization, signed by the property owner(s).
Step 2: Submit all required documents to Zoning Division:
- Required documents may be submitted online, via email to Zoning@ocfl.net
Once the Zoning Division has received all required documents and payment, the permit application will be reviewed for compliance with Section 38.79(45) of Orange County Code.
For approved applications, an invoice will be generated and instructions on how to pay online will be emailed to the email address on the application. Once the applicant has paid the invoice, the Boat or RV Storage permit shall be issued.
Construction/erection of a fence or installation of pavers or other improved surface must not obstruct any existing easements, including but not limited to drainage, utility, ingress and egress easements and are required to be approved through separate permitting processes.
Once your application have been received you will receive an email with instructions on how to sign up for a Fast Track User account to pay online.
Phone: (407) 836-3111
All e-mail sent to this address becomes part of Orange County public record. Comments received by our e-mail subsystem can be read by anyone who requests that privilege. In compliance with "Government in the Sunshine" laws, Orange County Government must make available, at request, any and all information not deemed a threat to the security of law enforcement agencies and personnel.